Sound Healing is a new self care trend that is growing in popularity in the UK. Sound Baths, or Gong Baths are now introduced to South Woodford, East London and surrounding areas across London and Essex.
Using Gongs, Tibetan or Crystal Singing Bowls and other sound instruments, Sound Baths are a gentle yet powerful experience to increase wellbeing.
As the Gong is struck, the sound blossoms and resonates through the body at a cellular level, bathing you in sound, to create a deeper more relaxed state. The sound also creates brainwave entrainment as it stimulates the Alpha and Theta brainwaves invoking a meditative, dream like or sleep like state.
Sound Bath sessions commence with either a short guided visualisation or a Drum Journey using Reiki to help you to unwind, switch off and relax into the session.
Indoor group events are typically held on a monthly basis in a group setting with advance booking as places are limited. During the warmer months, events are held outdoors in Epping Forest (subject to weather).
At the current time, Sound Baths are held Online.
Health Benefits of a Sound Bath:
- Helps to quieten the mind
- Release emotional and energetic blockages thereby giving a clearing effect
- Releases tension
- Balances the left and right hemisphere of the brain
- Can help to release what no longer serves us and change old behavioural patterns and habits.
- Deeply relaxing.
What will you need to bring to a Sound Bath?
You will find it more comfortable to lay down. Please bring:
- Yoga mat, or reclining chair or similar to lie on
- A throw/sleeping bag and cushion for your warmth and comfort.
- An eye mask (sunglasses in the outdoor/summer events)
- A Crystal if you wish to receive additional healing energies
- A bottle of water to help ground yourself after the event.
- Online Sound Baths are best enjoyed with a good set of headphones to amplify the soundscape.
Please sign up to the Newsletter for regular updates on Sound Baths. (Note there is a double email opt in due to recent GDPR changes and you can un-subscribe at any time. Please check your junk mail during the sign up process).
- Sound Baths may not be recommended for those in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. If you are pregnant or undergoing IVF, please do reach out to inform and discuss the suitability before the event.
- If you have Tinnitus, you may wish to lay further back from the Gongs, that said the Gongs are not played too loudly to cause discomfort to the ears.
- If you feel unwell, please do not attend the Sound Bath.
Events are currently Online and available for purchase:
|Sunday 27th Dec 2020 – Crystalline Soothing Sound Bath (with Crystal Bowls)||6pm – 7pm||Online Event with sliding scale tickets priced from £5 to £10 per ticket plus booking fee|
Tickets for all events are available here, just scroll through the calendar. Tickets can also be purchased from the following link:
#Soundhealing, #Soundbath, #Gongbath, #Soundbatheastlondon, #Soundbathessex, #Gongbatheastlondon, #Gongbathessex, #Soundbathwoodford, #Soundbathsouthwoodford, ~Gongbathsouthwoodford, #Onlinesoundbath
In Person Events are currently On Pause.
Social distancing applies to all events with risk assessments carried out in advance of events.
- Note that there are two different locations for Sound Baths.
Air-Yoga Studio – 90 George Lane, South Woodford, London – E18 1JJ
Pankhurst Hall – part of Woodford Memorial Hall, 209 High Road, South Woodford, London, E18 2PA. The Pankhurst Hall in South Woodford which is situated along the path between the Church and the Memorial Hall. It is towards the end of the path/walkway.