Sound Healing is a new self care trend that is growing in popularity in the UK.
Using Gongs, Singing Bowls and other sound instruments, Sound Baths (also known as a Gong Bath) are a gentle yet powerful experience to increase wellbeing.
As the Gong is struck, the sound blossoms and resonates through the body at a cellular level, bathing you in sound, to create a deeper more relaxed state. The sound also creates brainwave entrainment as it stimulates the Alpha and Theta brainwaves invoking a meditative, dream like or sleep like state.
Sound Bath sessions commence with either a short guided visualisation or a Drum Journey using Reiki to help you to unwind, switch off and relax into the session. They are held on a monthly basis in a group setting with advance booking as places are limited.
Health Benefits of a Sound Bath:
- Helps to quieten the mind
- Release emotional and energetic blockages thereby giving a clearing effect
- Releases tension
- Balances the left and right hemisphere of the brain
- Can help to release what no longer serves us and change old behavioural patterns and habits.
- Deeply relaxing.
What will you need to bring to a Sound Bath?
You will find it more comfortable to lay down. Please bring:
- Yoga mat, or reclining chair or similar to lie on
- A throw/sleeping bag and cushion for your warmth and comfort.
- An eye mask (sunglasses in the outdoor/summer events)
- A Crystal if you wish to receive additional healing energies
- A bottle of water to help ground yourself after the event.
Please sign up to the Newsletter for regular updates on Sound Baths. (Note there is a double email opt in due to recent GDPR changes and you can un-subscribe at any time. Please check your junk mail during the sign up process).
- Sound Baths may not be recommended for those in the 1st trimester of pregnancy. If you are pregnant or undergoing IVF, please do reach out to inform and discuss the suitability before the event.
- If you have Tinnitus, you may wish to lay further back from the Gongs, that said the Gongs are not played too loudly to cause discomfort to the ears.
- If you feel unwell, please do not attend the Sound Bath.
Pankhurst Hall – South Woodford:
|Sunday 18th Oct 2020||4.15pm – 5.45pm BST – Indoor||£20|
|Sunday 22nd Nov 2020||4.15pm – 5.45pm BST – Indoor||£20|
|Sunday 6th Dec 2020||4.15pm – 5.45pm BST – Indoor||£20|
Air-Yoga Studio – South Woodford:
Thursday Evenings 6.30pm – 8pm:
Thursday 15th Oct – Cacao Ceremony & Crystalline Sound Bath – £26
Tickets for all events are available here, just scroll through the calendar. Tickets can also be purchased from the following link:
Social distancing applies to all events with risk assessments carried out in advance of events.
*Indoor Sunday Sound Baths are held at the Pankhurst Hall in South Woodford which is situated along the path between the Church and the Memorial Hall. It is towards the end of the path/walkway. E18 2PA.
** Indoor Thursday evening Sound Events are held at Air Yoga in South Woodford. E18 1JJ.
#Sound Healing, #Sound Bath, #Gong Bath, #Sound Bath East London, #Sound Bath Essex, #Gong Bath East London, #Gong Bath Essex, #Sound Bath Woodford, #Sound Bath South Woodford, Gong Bath South Woodford,